Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62

Thread: 100 Greatest Movie Characters

  1. #11
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 100 Greatest Movie Characters

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7teen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Id have to go Vader #1. I believe if you lined the two up and asked every American who was more recognizable, more would say Vader.</div></div>
    Yes, but it's not the 100 Most Recognized Movie Characters.
    I think Durden is a more deep, versatile character compared to Vader.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 100 Greatest Movie Characters

    who am I?

    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist"

  3. #13
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 100 Greatest Movie Characters

    Durdan shouldn't even be in the top 25, if not the top 50. All anyone can remember from that movie is the speech about fight club, big f'ing deal. Putting him ahead Michael Corleone, anyone from Star Wars - and I can't stand those movies-, Scarface etc is ridiculous. I'd put the mouse from the "Green Mile" ahead of Durdan, screwed that list up before I even started reading it.


    Btw, no Jason or Michael Myers? And have Freddy in the late 90's? A lot of the old classic movies were put way lower then they should have been on that list. And I was floored when I didn't see Jack Dawson from Titanic, seeing how popular it was.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 100 Greatest Movie Characters

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Durdan shouldn't even be in the top 25, if not the top 50. All anyone can remember from that movie is the speech about fight club, big f'ing deal. Putting him ahead Michael Corleone, anyone from Star Wars - and I can't stand those movies-, Scarface etc is ridiculous. I'd put the mouse from the "Green Mile" ahead of Durdan, screwed that list up before I even started reading it.


    Btw, no Jason or Michael Myers? And have Freddy in the late 90's? A lot of the old classic movies were put way lower then they should have been on that list. And I was floored when I didn't see Jack Dawson from Titanic, seeing how popular it was.</div></div>

    You sure you've seen Fight Club? I've got it at my house if you haven't.

    As for Michael and Jason - they're pretty one dimensional. Find you, kill you - both with no dialogue. Freddy is too, but at least having a creative way of killing people and having some one liners got him on the list.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 100 Greatest Movie Characters

    There's no Frank the Tank, Wayne Campbell, Garth Algar(sp?), The Blues Brothers, the killer from Scream, no Belushi from Animal House? Ash didn't even get top 20 which is insane..., no Kate Beckinsale?
    come on.. that list is a joke...
    I in agreeance that Tyler Durden is not top 25, maybe top 50... Edward Nortons character was much better in that movie

  6. #16
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 100 Greatest Movie Characters

    I've seen it, didn't care for it. No way he should be sniffing the #1 spot. You seen any Godfather? Hell, I haven't sit through any Star Wars movie and I know they should be ahead of him.


    I see greatest as most memorable. A character in a movie that you absolutely loved, made you cry, made you hate them, made you look under your bed, and quote atleast one time a day lol. For the most part, the only thing they talk about in the reason for picking him is because he got laid a lot. If thats the criteria, then I want Ron Jeremy at #2.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 100 Greatest Movie Characters

    heck, I'll even go as far as saying... I like Ben Stillers character in Something About Mary better than Brad Pitt's Tyler Durdan... even as far as saying, Pitt's Oceans series character is better than his Tyler Durdan

  8. #18
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 100 Greatest Movie Characters

    missing notables

    Lampoons Vacation - Randy Quaid as Cousin Eddie

    cousin eddie



    Snatch - Brad Pitt as Micky O'Neill

    snatch


    Slingblade - Billy Bob Thornton as Karl Childers

    slingblade


    Cape Fear - De Niro as Max Cady

    Cape Fear

    Animal House - John Belushi as John Blutarsky

    Belushi in Animal House 1


    Full Metal Jacket - R. Lee Ermy as Gunny Sgt Hartman

    FullMetalJacket
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  9. #19
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 100 Greatest Movie Characters

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunTzu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Slingblade - Billy Bob Thornton as Karl Childers</div></div>

    That's a huge miss on their part.
    Officially retired

  10. #20
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 100 Greatest Movie Characters

    no clark griswold
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •